Subject: [ogsa-wg] IBM RSM academic/SDO license
From: Hiro Kishimoto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Mike Baskey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 00:47:32 +0900

Hi all,

I am very happy to announce that Ellen Stokes and Mike Baskey did
a GREAT job and closed the loop on licensing procedure.

Many thanks Ellen and Mike!

GGF is now on the list of standards organizations for the IBM RSM
academic/SDO license (so folks can have access to the applications such
as the Rational tools OGSA decided to use for info modeling and EMS
sequence diagrams).

Ellen has her name added to the approver list to shorten the approval
time.

For people to request access, this is what they need to do....

1.  go to www.ibm.com/university

2.  On the right side of the web page under the membership box there
     is a link called 'apply now'

3.  Click that link.

4.  To be able to request access, you first need a userid and
     password....so if you don't have a universal IBM userid and password
     click on the link labeled 'register' and follow the instructions.

5.  Once you have userid and password (or if you already have one), then
you need to click on the link labeled 'step 2' to create an academic
initiative membership by completing the membership application....follow
the instructions after you click on that link.  In the application form
make sure you indicate that you are requesting this for GGF usage.

6.  Once you submit the application, Ellen will be notified shortly
thereafter to approve (and there is a backup to approve if she is not
around), and once approved, you will receive approval notice and
instructions on how to obtain the Rational tools.

Thanks again,
----
Hiro Kishimoto