Subject: [gf-chairs] GGF15 Session Scheduling is open
From: Joel Replogle <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:00:10 -0500

GGF Chairs -

GridWorld/GGF15 is quickly approaching, and we'd like to begin the  
group session scheduling process.

Before we do, however, I want to communicate some policy updates from  
the GFSG regarding session scheduling.  These policies were set after  
we experienced a record number of session requests at GGF14. To a  
degree, these policies are consistent with IETF policies for  
scheduling. The new policy states that groups may request up to two  
sessions per event.  If additional sessions are required, approval from  
your Area Director must be obtained.  Based on an excellent  
recommendation at the GGF14 Town Hall meeting, we are now offering  
45-minute and 90-minute sessions.  The Steering Group suggested that  
you consider using a 45-minute slot for "Presentation" sessions  
("outreach" or "education" aimed primarily at tourists), leaving the  
90-minute sessions for collaborative work on specifications or other  
documents ("Group Discussion" sessions).  In either case, a 45-minute  
session is still 1 of your 2 session allotment.

In an attempt to simplify the session requesting process, we have built  
a new web-based interface (outside of GridForge) to collect and manage  
session requests.  Much of the information collected will be the same  
and you will need to submit a separate request for each session.

Please go to the following link for instructions and the link to the  
new form:
	 http://www.ggf.org/ggf_events_chairinfo_ggf15.htm

If you have questions about specific fields on the page, please contact  
me directly.  Requests may be updated after initial submission as  
information becomes available.  However, editing will not be possible  
after the deadline has passed.

The deadlines are:
Documents - Deadline for submitting working drafts is Aug 26, 2005.
Session - Deadline for session requests for a CG, WG or RG is Sep 2,  
2005.
	- Deadline for AD Hoc/Charter Discussion BOFs is Sep 2, 2005.

Please note: Chair Training and Chair Update Sessions will be scheduled  
soon, and I will let you know once they are.

And, as you probably already know, GridWorld/GGF15 will be October 3-6,  
2005 in Boston, MA., USA.

Note: The majority of group sessions will be scheduled on  
Monday-Thursday.  Some "early-bird" slots are available on Sunday (Oct.  
2).

I'm looking forward to seeing you at GGF15!

Joel

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
-----------
Joel Replogle
Standards Facilitator
Global Grid Forum
[email-masked]