Subject: gf-chairs GGF13 News
From: "Stacey Giannese" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 00:43:19 +0900

GGF Chairs-

It's that time again for me to find out which of your groups plan on attending
GGF13 in Korea and which ones do not. Leaders in the Asia-Pacific region have
estimated that we can expect around 500 participants just from their region.
Many of these will be newcomers while others will be veterans in grid computing,
both from research and from industry.  In either case, Seoul is a great
opportunity for your group to extend its influence and its participation.
Furthermore, GGF leadership is planning to communicate several of the outcomes
of the strategic activities that are being completed during the 4th quarter.  It
will be a meeting you do not want to miss!

GGF leadership also realizes that for some of you, traveling to Seoul is a huge
commitment of time and resource for both you and your group members.  This is
one of many challenges of being a Global community.  The secretariat is
developing a FAQ sheet that will not only supply you with costs of attending
(airfare, lodging, registration fees, etc.) but will also give a snapshot of
some of the activities you can expect during the event.  We hope you can use
this information to educate your group members on the value of participating in
GGF13.

GGF needs your strong leadership in helping get your group volunteers to be part
of what Seoul will have to offer your group. Please take some time today to
initiate with your group concerning participation in the Seoul meeting.  I would
like to have some idea of which groups are planning to meet in Seoul (and which
may not) before the end of the year, so please respond promptly.  Keep an eye on
ggf.org next week for additional information about the event, including the
opening of advanced registration.

Please send me email back with the name of your group and if you plan on holding
a working session or not at GGF13.

Thank you, 

Stacey Giannese 

Manager of Community Activities

Global Grid Forum

(Phone) 630-252-6444

(Cell) 708-935-2951

(Fax) 630-252-4466