Subject: [ogsa-wg] Basic EMS BOF
From: "Hiro Kishimoto" <[email-masked]>
To: "'OGSA-WG'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:36:38 +0900

Andrew's email bounced.
----
Hiro Kishimoto

From: "Andrew Grimshaw" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Basic EMS BOF
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:52:37 -0500

All,

As discussed I am proposing a BOF to be held in Korea. Below is the one
paragraph description I will send to Stacey and Bill Nitzberg. I am also working
on a DRAFT charter, and will, of course, send that around as well. Please
comment on the below in the next 24 hours. The one paragraph proposal needs to
be in by Friday - the draft charter does not. The charter will spell it out in
more detail, and include proposed work product and timelines. A DRAFT of the
charter will be ready by the F2F.

BOF proposal:

Proposed Working Group Name: OGSA Basic Execution Services - OGSA-BES

The OGSA Execution Management Services (EMS) design team has developed as part
of the OGSA V1 document a draft set of EMS services to support a wide range of
use-cases. The objective of the proposed OGSA-BES working group is to focus on a
minimal sub-set of the EMS services and develop a recommendations document
(i.e., specification) for them. The working group will work closely with the
OGSA WG, the JSDL working group, and others as necessary.

Proposed working group chairs:

Mark Morgan                 University of Virginia

Steve Newhouse           Southampton University