Subject: [Fwd: Re: Multicore representation in JSDL]
From: Laurence Field <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 15:17:15 +0200

Please could you forward this to the JSDL group.

Thanks

Laurence

Subject: Re: Multicore representation in JSDL
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:11:30 -0500
List-Id: Mailing List for JSDL-WG <jsdl-wg.ogf.org>

You are not allowed to post to this mailing list, and your message has
been automatically rejected.  If you think that your messages are
being rejected in error, contact the mailing list owner at
[email-masked].

Subject: Re: Multicore representation in JSDL
From: Laurence Field <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Andreas Savva <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 15:16:09 +0200

I think that we have a chicken and egg situation here.

Should the Glue schema model what is required by JSDL or should the JSDL 
contain what information is available?

Personally I feel that this should be user driven and JSDL should define 
what the user is looking for. The Glue Schema should reflect this and 
decide the best way to provide this information.   The user needs to 
understand what are the important attributes about the resource to which 
they have to match. I don't think it is up to the resource provider to 
decide what attributes they think are interesting to be published. This 
should all be use case driven and hence dependent on what the user 
wishes to do.  In any case all this needs to be discussed with both 
groups involved.

Laurence