Subject: Re: [jsdl-wg] Multicore representation in JSDL
From: Andreas Savva <[email-masked]>
To: Steven Newhouse <[email-masked]>
Cc: Mailing List for JSDL-WG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:50:59 +0900
List-Id: Mailing List for JSDL-WG <jsdl-wg.ogf.org>

Steven,

Received and put in our "Feature Requests" tracker.
  https://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/artf5951?nav=1

Actually, at the moment our work plan in this space is to produce a
simple XQuery extension that can be used to express requirements without
restricting people to a specific 'resource' model. We left the
information model work to the OGSA Information Modeling team (Ellen),
who is now providing requirements to the GLUE-WG. So, to cut a long
story short this request should also be passed to the GLUE-WG. I'll
forward your mail to that list as well.

Andreas

Steven Newhouse wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> During the BES public comment period we had some feedback on how CPUArchitecture/CPUCount/CPUSpeed would be represented in a multi-core world. We use these JSDL elements to model the underlying compute resources in BES.
> 
> https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/discussion/do/listPosts/projects.ggf-editor/discussion.rec_ogsa_basic_execution_service.topc4069
> 
> This was something that BES felt was out of scope of its activities but clearly in scope for JSDL! You may have already had discussion on this matter... but could I pass this onto you for clarification in future revisions of the specification.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Steven

-- 
Andreas Savva
Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd

--
  jsdl-wg mailing list
  [email-masked]
  http://www.ogf.org/mailman/listinfo/jsdl-wg