Subject: Re: [acs-wg] For the WG draft of the ACS Spec.
From: Keisuke Fukui <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:44:47 +0900

Folks,

As I announced I propose agenda for our discussions.

I believe we need to visit a number of issues and considerations prior
to have a WG draft of the ACS specification, which includes:

- the new requirements from NAREGI PSE,
- relationship to other GGF WGs, such as CDDLM-WG and planned WGs
   for Execution Management System,
- collaboration with IUDD standardization group and
- recruiting involvement from the European communities.

I will describe them in a bit more detail below:

a) the new requirements from NAREGI PSE
   - including source code to be compiled for each target platform at
     or prior to the deployment of the application.
   - storing compiled binaries for target platforms in the repository.
   - storing (caching) the input and output data pairs through the lifecycle
     of the multiple executions of the application.
b) relationship to the deployment API and component mode being discussed in
    the CDDLM-WG.
    - 'addFile' interface in the deployment API looks to be a candidate
      contact point with ACS, for example, "register" interface of ARI.
    - where the ACS interfaces should stand in the CDDLM's lifecycle model.
    - other (expected) GGF WGs such as OGSA design teams.
c) collaboration with IUDD standardization group
    - Archive standard will be output from IUDD standardization. How can
      we contribute to it, to archive the common format for the grid
      deployment. Probably we should discuss Grid specific consideration at
      ACS, then report our outcome to the IUDD group.
    - Repository interface standard for Grid system will be output from GGF
      ACS.
d) recruiting involvement from the European communities.
    One of the comments I got after the sessions is that we should seek for
    the participants from European Grid communities since they share much
    with our usecase and scope. We need a research on this possibility.
    UniGrid, EGEE, omii, and more...

My plan is having a brainstorming on all of these agenda. Originally, it was
planned to discuss about our plan including the above at ACS-WG#2 session. It
turned out, however, more difficult to perform this at the presence of the
audience explaining what is being discussed and with the limit of time. To do
the brainstorming the items, we have options below:

- Tele-conferences
   several times, one or two hours each.
- Face-to-face meeting
   probably one or two days. At the U.S. East coast or in Japan.

We can do either or both depending on our schedule, in addition to the regular
mailing list discussion. Since we have not discussed the items at the GGF13,
I hope we discuss on this as soon as possible. Can we have a tele-conference
to talk about these next week? My proposal for the time is 3/30 Wed 19:00EST
(3/31 Thu  9:00JST). Please respond if this works for you.

Also, please feel free to add agenda and give your feedback to the above.
I hope that we are starting a great work from here.

  -Keisuke